Life is fascinating and major changes are even more fascinating. Nearly 30 years of working in an industrial environment, managing projects, changing organizations, optimizing processes, meeting and guiding good people it is time to concentrate on myself.
Getting health problems was a clear signal of my gut feeling to reduce speed and be more aware of the beautiful things in my close surroundings. A three day coaching in Cologne at the “Akademie für Ganzheitliche Führung” and many talks with the people important to me the decision to resign was made.
This in mind, a good solution was found with my employer to quit by end of Dec. 2017.
And it feels good!
This was a process aligned with many smaller and bigger steps:
- reducing material things around me
- being interested in alternative ways of living together in communities
- joining the Solawi – a different way of agriculture
- thinking about other ways of decision making like sociocracy
- changing my eating habits
- getting knowledge in ecological building
- developing an understanding how sharing can improve our life conditions
- getting aware of my personal footprint
- being more mindful with my environment and the people I love
- and finally thinking about the sense of life
This process is a trip which will be continued.
I would like to share with you a beautiful aphorism by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
What is Success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.